Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day late this year. The dog was suppose to be our Valentine's but we decided to have a do-over since it didn't work out. Before Andy home from work on Friday I told him that that night he could choose to do whatever he wanted to do as long as he wanted to do it. So I asked where he wanted me to pick up take out and if he wanted to watch a movie or play games. We ordered greek from University Grill (which is quickly becoming one of our favorites) and then sat down to enjoy a night playing with Jesse and enjoying each other. We chased Jesse around the house and encouraged him to do some walking. Once Jesse went to bed, I watched a movie while andy played on his xbox. Now to some of you this may sound ridiculous, but there are not many times that Andy gets to just play on his xbox the games he wants without me harping on him. So that was our Valentines. We decided that instead of doing gushy lovey stuff, we would just relax and spend time as a family. So here is to two hard yet wonderful years of marriage and wonderful family to show for it. Love you Andy.

3 comments:

Tira said...

Sounds like a fun night. Its not very often you can just spend time together and do what you want.

Shelly and Ben said...

Hey, what are you talking about? We all had a GREAT Valentine's day! It was the best one I've had! I mean who can beat crepes, crackers and cheese balls, and smoothies all with playing Wii with some of your best friends?!?! lol

Megan said...

oh yeah oh yeah. well of course that was better what was I thinking! I just thought about the dog as my valentine's day- and we all know how i feel about that. :) but you are right, that was an AMAZING valentines!