Sunday, October 23, 2011

Busy week!

On Sunday Andy worked a twelve and to top it off Jesse was sick. So we didn't go to church which usually provides me with some kind of respite from my everyday routine. So to change it up we went for a walk along the Colombia River. It was a BEAUTIFUL evening.
And the kids loved it to boot!
Heaven!
Pretty sunset as well!
The kids got out and played and Charlotte seems happiest playing in the dirt. Or chasing Jesse around and doing what he is doing.

Monday we went to The Dalles where Andy has a business meeting. It was four hours so we had to find something to do. They have a Colombia Gorge Discovery Center there that was perfect! Jesse loved all the cool exhibits and we even got to see live birds of prey! Cool :)

An old buggy. Glad I didn't ever have to use this mode of transportation.
Kids discovery room. I want one of these for the kids bedrooms.
A tent similar to the ones Lewis and Clark stayed in. Jesse wasn't too please apparently...
And what did we find but a replica of the "Mormon Handcart!" What it was doing there- I am not sure, but it was kinda cool to see it!
Charlotte enjoying her first independent slide ride.
Still in The Dalles at my favorite restaurant and what made me make the trip in the first place: COUSINS!
And these cinnamon rolls are worth the drive (and the calories!). This was after we had eaten half of it. They are the size of dinner plates!
Later in the week we were able to drive to Bay City (by Tillamook) to visit my Grandma. We stayed over and the next day Gram taught me to embroider. What a day! Mom took the kids and went outside and basically watched them all day (THANK YOU!!) and I spent the time at the kitchen table slaving over a masterpiece. Ok not really but pretty good for a first attempt.
It was a treasured memory I will always have with just my Grandma and me. :)

No comments: