Friday, May 27, 2011

Trip to Utah

My sister-in-law Lisa came home from serving a mission in Indiana for our church on Tuesday. We were lucky enough to be at the airport to greet her!!
Here is Andy waiting for Lisa to arrive:
Jesse "showing Lisa how smart he is" (by saying the ABC's)
The group that was there:
Andy, Grandma Summers, Laurie (cousin), Melissa (cousin), Grandpa Summers, Lisa, Christina, Theron, Jesse, Jesse, Terri, and me.
Jesse couldn't get enough of Lisa or "di-da" or "Katie" as he would call her over the next couple of days...
Jesse being a knight
Charlotte snapped out of her grouchiness to allow for periods of cuddliness (not long mind you)
Jesse LOVES his uncle Robert- he would get down and play with him any time!

I LOVE this shape kit- robert got it from a retiring pre-school teacher. I NEED one of these so if anyone sees one, please let me know!!
You put the shapes onto the color and pictures and Jesse was addicted!
We were able to visit my brother in Roy and it was fun to watch everyone spend time together. These three were playing games on the wii (I think). I got my hair cut. Thanks again Julie!!
Not so little anymore Lukie. He looked so good and happy after several weeks of medical problems. He has red hair and I just adore him!
Their game faces are ON!
Charlotte LOVED maggie! She doesn't let a lot of people hold her, especially when meeting them the first time but maggie just took her and walked away and she was fine! She rocked her and sat with her and cuddled her- it was pretty cute. :)
One of the last days we went to the Ogden Nature Center. All the trails were pretty much flooded and the kids were grouchy, but we had fun. :)
There was a bird-house contest and this was the winner. Check out a few of the other contestants:


They also had a bird exhibit but my camera didn't want to take pictures of the birds through the bars. This was the best picture I got and I don't even remember what kind of bird it is.....I am a disgrace to the family when it comes to remembering bird names. Ha!
It was a lovely trip! It was relaxing and fun. A few other memorable events: Robert got his kite stuck in a tree, climb the tree, and then fell out of it while we were looking the other direction. Haha. (He didn't get injure which is the only reason I am laughing). We also took everyone miniature golfing at a glow in the dark golf course. Jesse loved it of course, and Andy was the winner- even with Charlotte strapped to his front! I also got my first sunburn and am still recovering from it. We are trying to re-adjust to being back but enjoyed the time away and miss everyone already!
Look at the older posts because I posted a few other pictures!

2 comments:

The Farrs said...

Lisa looks great! What a fun time with family :-). I love the "shapes." I recently found something similar, but the shapes have magnet sides and you build 3D with them. They are really neat.

Tira said...

I have seen that shape kit at Ross the last time we were there. I think it was around $10 if I go back sometime soon I will let you know who makes it and maybe you can find it up there, I am thinking it was made by Melissa and Doug but not sure.