Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Multnomah Falls

First I have to preface this post by saying that I have a smart 2 year old. He can access my iphone's pictures and many applications. You ask my why I let him? I only let him when he is sitting down (so it can't be dropped) and when I have an eye on him so he can't make any calls. Okay, so now to the story. We decided to go see Multnomah Falls, a falls that Andy has passed many times on the free way and never stopped to see the beauty. My Dad let me in on a little secret about these backroads that you can take and although they are windy, they are WELL worth it. Here is one view point that we stopped at:
So we traveled on stopped at about 3 more view points and several more falls. If you are ever in this area these are some scenic views you just can't pass by. You take the Historic Highway 30 from Corbitt through to Multnomah Falls. So here is a picture of Jesse and I stopped at one of the falls. Unfortunately my husband didn't get the falls in the pictures because it is hiding directly behind us.
Well The trip took us about 3 hours because we stopped and walked at many places. Jesse examined every stick he came across, and jumped (literally) in every puddle that he saw. These rain boots he has come in VERY handy. His pants were soaked by the end of the day!
After we made it through all the way to multnomah falls, we took the freeway home and I handed my phone to Jesse to keep him entertained. After he went to bed I sat down to do some blogging and realized that he deleted all but these two pictures from our trip. We are probably going to do it again and document it for the memories. I can't be mad at Jesse because he didn't know better and I have learned a lesson! Anyway, it was beautiful. Here is a internet pictures of multnomah falls:
We walked up to the bridge above the lower falls and we got almost soaked! Here is an interesting fact for you: Multnomah Falls is the NATIONS tallest YEARLONG waterfall. Cool!