Friday, March 5, 2010

Being Prego

I feel like being pregnany has given my gumption (anyone seen The Holiday?). I am the leading lady in my own story...but it also makes me grouchy and unpredictable. Just ask Andy! So lately I have been standing up for myself in ways that I haven't done before. Let me just share a few examples....Today I sent an email to the parks manager of Camas because I have found dog poop on several of the parks in MANY places and now refuse to go to those parks. I am frustrated and disgusted that anyone would leave their dog poop on the playground where kids play. I said, in a not so friendly way, that he needed to take care of the situation because it was reflecting camas in a not-so-great light. He immediately got back to me...The other day I was talking to my attorney and the secretary had given my false information about something (money) that had me a little furious. I told her I didn't appreciate her calling me a liar and told her I didn't ever want to be dealing with her again. Okay so that was a little harsh and I did call and apologize but I still won't be ever asking or dealing with her again. Last example, some smokers outside my complex don't seem to take me serious when I ask them to move. I have been polite (even when inside I wanted to scream and tell them how vile they are) and I asked them to move. I can smell it, it makes me sick. Next time they do it, the apartment manager will hear from me. So there you go. There have been many other instances that have set me off (like this lady telling me in goodwill that my kid need to "put a cork in it") and so forth, but I feel that my blood is often boiling. Maybe it is because I am noticing it more, or maybe people sense I am a ticking time bomb or something.....oh well. Oh yeah and I was close to telling my bishop no when he asked me to talk in church, but I thought that was taking it a little two far. :) What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound pregnant to me:) I have a couple stories about being pregnant with BOTH boys...I pretty much turn into the HULK! If I am hungry...RUN AND HIDE! Good luck! Miss ya!

Craven Family said...

Oh girl. You are so pregnant. I remember doing the exact same kinds of things just a couple months ago. Like...can't people see that I am pregnant and leave the front parking spots open for me?? Ask Kelsey, she called me the crazy pregnant lady. Of course she didn't tell me this when I was pregnant or I probably would have tried to kick her. Just try to remember that it's not you it's the hormones and apologize when appropriate. And...BREATH!!!!!!!

The Farrs said...

Not only did I enjoy reading your post, but I enjoyed the two comments as well :-). I kind of LIKE seeing you stick up for yourself :-). I know, it can be taken too far, but I think you are experiencing both pregnancy and righteous indignation!!! The funny part is this: I can be that way even when I'm not pregnant...ha ha! What does that make ME? :-)