Monday, March 2, 2009

Favorites

I decided to just write down a few of my favorite things. Sometimes I like to do this to remind myself of how lucky I am to living with so many blessings. One of my very favorite things to do is to find a good book, curl up under a blanket, sit in my favorite chair and read for hours. I can't explain how much I long to do this each day but, alas, how busy I am. Oh and did I mention I need some recommendations of some good books? Another one of my favorite things is to lay down on the floor next to Jesse as he is playing and just watch him. Lately he loves to attack me with kisses as I am laying on the floor next to him. I simply cannot complain about that! Since I don't want to spend three hours typing up my favorite things I will leave you with one last thing. My very favorite thing in the world is to stand on a beach, hear the ocean's soft rhythm, feel the wind in my hair and the sand in my toes, and it washes all my worries away. I am feeling very poetic today. Maybe I will write a poem. Take some time to think about your favorite things in life and maybe, like me, it will give you the feeling of how blessed you are for the simple pleasures in life.

3 comments:

The Farrs said...

It's nice to know what you are thinking and feeling :-)

F said...

you're the best midge! i'll write a blog about my favorites now too. i love you!

Anonymous said...

i also love to read for hours! i just wish i had the time...