Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday's begin!

Utah trip, Part 2:
Jesse LOVES his uncle Bobby who always takes the time to give him special attention. Here they are playing a game.
Aunt Tiffany reading Jesse his evening book. He loved to have everyone there to read him a book each night.
Downtown Ogden there by the municipal building they have the Ogden Village which is a large amount of small (basically children) houses that are decorated. Hard to explain but Jesse LOVED it! He was running from house to house to see what was next. This picture is kind of dark but Jesse was holding hands with his cousin Theron. cute :)
Cousin Theron:
Jesse being a solider:
The little decorated houses:
Family picture, minus Andy. This gives you an idea of what is inside the houses. So fun!
Monday morning early we headed out of town and on the way through the canyon we saw many people parked on the side of the road. We were pretty confused and wondered what they were looking at. Lo and behold there was a steam engine coming around the bend and we were able to see it!
Eventually when Charlotte gets bored with food she just starts to crumple it into small peices. We looked back and there she was, covered in crumbs.
A couple days after we got home we got a REAL tree to put up. It was fun and it smells so nice!!!

The finished product.
This kid can make quite the faces....We made an ornament together (thanks Shelly Stephan!), and I couldn't get him to pose normally.
These socks lining the wall is our newest advent calendar. I told Jesse that if he is good, a little elf will come by each day and put a present in his sock. Sometimes this little elf comes in the middle of the day and Jesse will be out of the room and I yell telling him that I saw the elf and he will look and look for him!
My happy Charlotte! I capture a rare smile. This girl has been so moody this week- I hope this isn't a permanent thing!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE those houses in Ogden!! Looks like you had some fun in Utah! Love you and your adorable family!! I really like the sock idea! Cute!

The Farrs said...

It's not difficult to see how much fun the kids had in Utah with relatives there! The little houses look very delightful. I enjoyed the picture of the steam engine. It brought back memories of my travels around Europe a little over 40 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long)! Your tree is beautiful and I can't wait to see it. I love your elf socks. Jesse already told me all about them on the phone :-). Charlotte looks so much like you as a little girl...especially when she is all smiles :-). Thanks for all of your sharing!