Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December

So I'm a little behind. It seems when I try really hard to do well at one thing, the other things suffer. In this case I was trying to eat well, drink all my water, stay in my calorie intake, and exercise. So everything else seemed to go to pot. I have not given it up this week but am trying better to manage my time :)
So here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks:
Jesse is really into costumes right now so here is one he favors
Playing outside on one of the "nicer" days. Charlotte always wants to ride what Jesse is riding so this is the compromise.
For one Christmas Party I made mincemeat pies. Very fun! And sort of traditional in the family. These ones were a little big for my taste so I borrowed a small tart pan and am going to make them again for my family :)
I have started letting Charlotte eat on her own. It is always a big step for myself to do this because I HATE messes and especially when our dinner table is over carpet. But I let go and let her eat her cereal with a spoon each morning. She actually ends up eating more with her hands but it is practice AND it keeps her entertained more than anything else! This morning she went through two bowls of cereal.
Sunday we had Andy's cousin and his wife and daughter over. This is Grayden and Sophie. Such a fun couple and an ADORABLE little girl!
Monday morning we decided to do another family tradition of sorts- eggs and soldiers. Jesse has never been a fan of eggs so we thought we would try this. He only ate one but it was progress!
My smart little man playing a rolling marble video game. Andy and I are always amazed at how he thinks and how coordinated he is in these things. Hopefully we can mold that cleverness into something more....productive? :)
Jesse is always the big helper and here he is helping me separate the red beads from the rest. After a while he told me: "Mom, it's okay that the black is with the red." And I looked in the bowl and apparently he was sick of the task and started just putting whatever beads wherever. hmmm...
And here is the finished project! That is right- I only get three Christmas cards! Hahah. I am sure that when I start getting on the ball enough to send out Christmas cards then I will get more in return. But I am happy for those that remember me :)
I will not be updating again until after Christmas, so Happy Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

The Farrs said...

What a nice post. I really enjoyed it. Isn't it interesting how difficult it is to keep everything in balance when you try to improve in one area?!!