Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happenings this week

I am trying to get better at posting because who wants to read a blog that never updates? So here I am trying to do bi-weekly posts. Charlotte has been taking lots of steps this week and even completed a journey from the couch to the chair walking. CRAZY! And I'm so not ready. She gets into things as it is. I am fearing for the book on the lower part of my bookshelf. So here she is figuring out how to climb things. It was inevitable I would eventually have a climber since Jesse was so timid.
I do school with Jesse each day (m-f) and we are going over the alphabet, learning new subjects along the way and having fun with art projects. My main focus was to help him to learn the sounds better and start to be able to recognize letters when hearing sounds. He has made huge leaps this week and is starting to point out beginning sounds with letters. I love the "aha" moment even though he doesn't realize what he did! Here he is practicing numbers and circling (fine motor skills).
Fun way to practice the letter "E":
Another fun way to play with the letter "E":
ANNND Jesse being his own photographer. He has started to take more pictures of other things: like my backside as I am bending over. But I wasn't about to post THOSE pictures...hehe
And my sister Anne got her first teaching job!!! HOORAY!! Kudos to her and especially since it is high school chemistry, a subject and audience I would rather die than teach. But I did tell her I would sub for her since it is in the district that I sub for. Here is her classroom pre-decoration. You can kind of see her in the right side of the picture in the prep room cleaning. So I decided to post this for those who know her and may not get to see a post out of HER for....well a year maybe :)
And that's all.

1 comment:

JDS said...

Keep up the updates~ I LOVE hearing all of the new (and regular) things your family is doing!