Monday, October 11, 2010

Charlotte Pearl






Here I am a couple days before delivery. We made the decision to do a c-section because my body was being uncooperative and we were ready! Can you tell?












7:10ish pm, Charlotte was born, weighing in at 8.0 lbs. She was quite the screamer! The nurses all made a comment about how loud she was and for this reason she was rated a "10" on their scale (I forget the exact test). But this isn't a usual occurrence :)














I love her little rosy lips!
Grandma holding her moments after she was born












Papa holding, and apparently "hogging" her after she was born. I think everyone was smitten, just as I was :)
Auntie Kristin


















Uncle Paul- I was thankful to have my family close by the day she was born- it gave me added comfort
A proud daddy


















While my mom was here she managed to do many fun things with Jesse. This particular picture is of her at the library during their children's story time. He LOVES it!
And later that day they went on a picnic :)












Jesse came to visit- excited or nervous- I couldn't tell how he felt.
He was pointing out that she had a nose and other parts just like Jesse












Holding Charlie for the first time


Kissing Charlie goodbye- he was quite sweet :)
Me- do I look tired?


















Bathing at home with Grandma
Riding bikes with Grandma! Here is a good place to give a shout- out to my awesome Mom and what a wonderful Grandma she is! Her little grandson (and other grandchildren) love her because she is willing to spend so much time with them, even when she is tired! She took Jesse for a walk in our neighborhood and he was in heaven!


















Mom and Charlie



















Bright eyed!
I crashed shortly after I got home :)


















Sweet hands..
Sweet smiles (while sleeping of course) although she sometimes looks at me and smiles!


















Spending time with Jesse is important too...but sometimes hard to fit in with the busy newborn.
Can't get enough Kisses!


















Grandma and Charlotte
I had to put in a picture of this quilt my sister Anne made for Charlotte. Isn't it AWESOME?! She is constantly surprising me with little thoughtful gifts. I am a lucky sister!


















Here she is (Anne) with lots of loves for her neice.
Thanks for all those who have supported and helped me. Even though Charlie is only a week old, we love her and feel she has been in the family forever! Until later

5 comments:

Carrie said...

i LOVE THE NEW PICS. HER SMILE IS ADORABLE!!!!!!

F said...

Megs! She is so cute! i'm so glad you had family around. you look GREAT I love your hair long! miss you!

JDS said...

My goodness your hair looks like it is getting long. Charlie is adorable! I have a package for her all paid for and ready to ship. I just can't seem to get away from work before the post office closes. Congratulations again!

..telicia.. said...

love this post!!! your babies are so dang cute!! you can tell Jesse LOVES his new baby sister. That Charlotte is adorable.. I love the name Charlotte and i LOVE the middle name Pearl. Too cute!!!

Lindsey said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!!! congrats:)