Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Auntie yet again!

My sister in law Christina delivered her first child this evening around five pm. Theron Cyril Levi. He was 6 lbs, and was 18 1/2 inches long. His delivery went pretty well which is not what we were expecting. His due date was June 25th, but we were happy to hear his first little cries and to know that his lungs had fully developed. She was in labor from about 6pm-5pm, almost 24 hours! I was blessed to be able to spend a lot of time with her so her husband could get some sleep during the middle of the night, but needless to say, I am going to bed at 8 pm tonight!!! It was not the best place for me to be because, as mentioned before, I am baby hungry! I think i asked the nurses to look in the nursery about three or four times during the night. All those cute, quiet, angellic little darlings were just too much for me to resist! So here is to babies and the blessing of being a mother.

2 comments:

The Farrs said...

What a great sister-in-law you are! Aren't newborn babies the sweetest?!!!

Anne said...

Its hard to student teach when you are not pregnant...I can't imagine doing it pregnant....I get about 4 hours a sleep a night, I am at school from 7 am until 5pm, and I come home and do (literally) about six hours of school work (preparation and grading).

You're young. You've got a little time. :>

Just a little sisterly perspective.

Love ya,
Anne